Hotel location: how to stand out and attract guests?
In this day and age, most of the hotels stand out for their design, their modern infrastructure and their high-quality service. Hoteliers work very hard for acquiring positive reviews, which will place them higher in the rankings and ensure continuous sales.
Another interesting fact is that most hotels offer attractive packages, either through the various OTAs or their official websites. All these help travellers narrow down their choices and pick their favorite hotel, according to their personal travel interests.
1. The importance of the hotel location
Hotel location as well as the way it is connected with the various activities in the area, is undoubtedly one of the most important factors for choosing a hotel. Nearly all activities of the travellers are linked to the hotel’s location, and almost their entire journey planning is made based on the location and accessibility of the hotel.
2. How to stand out?
To help travellers choose their hotel, hoteliers must be familiar with the actions that are necessary to be taken, so that their property is connected with its destination and the places around it.
Here are some tips to follow:
- Create a special section within the official website of the hotel, giving information regarding the connection of the property with the main attractions of the area.
- Develop a special concierge section, through which useful tips and advice about the destination will be provided, as well as recommended places such as restaurants, bars and markets, always according to the targeted audiences.
- Register the hotel in popular Map Optimized Apps & Websites (Google, Foursquare, Travel by Interest), through which the travellers will be able to easily understand the way the property is linked with the destination.
3. Free automated hotel maps
Travel by Interest, the online travel platform which specialises in important niche markets such as Gay, Gastronomy, Luxury and Wellness, helps the travellers see what is around each hotel, according to their personal interests. More specifically, the travellers can:
- Discover the recommended places around every hotel, according to their personal likes and interests. For example, if the travellers are Food Lovers, they can find nearby restaurants, wineries and food markets. If the travellers are Gay, they can spot the nearby Gay bars or other popular places for the Gay audience.
- Check the distance of each recommended place from their Hotel and read useful tips about each place, receiving Free concierge about the destination.
- Find information about the Hotel through personalised concierge tips, and book directly with the property, at the best available prices.
Read more: Hotel breakfast: how to make it special?